- Ph. D. in Electrical Engineering, Clemson University, Clemson, August 2003
- Master of Technology, Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, 1997
- Bachelor of Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, India, 1989
KEY EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS
- Associate Professor, Klipsch School of Electrical & Computer Engineering, New Mexico State University, August 2012 – Present.
- William Kersting Endowed Chair – January 2014 – Present.
- Associate Director, Electric Utility Management Program, –August 2009 – Present.
- Tenure-track Assistant Professor, Klipsch School of Electrical & Computer Engineering, New Mexico State University, July 2007 – July 2012.
- Tenure-track Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, Widener University, September 2003 – June 2007.
- Lecturer, Dept. of Electrical Engineering, B.V.M College of Engineering, Sardar Patel University, Gujarat, India, December 1990 – August 1999.
- Trainee / Assistant Engineer, Ahmedabad Electricity Company, Ahmedabad, India, August 1989 – December 1990.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP AND SERVICE POSITIONS
- Senior Member, IEEE.
- Member IEEE PES – Power System Analysis Computation and Economics (PSACE) Committee; Past Chair, Distribution System Analysis Subcommittee.
- Chair IEEE PES – Power and Energy Education Committee; Past Chair, Lifelong Learning Subcommittee.
- Member of 15 Working Groups of IEEE PES Power System Relaying Committee (PSRC).
- Editor, IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery
- Guest Editor in Chief, EEE Transactions on Power Delivery, Special Issue on Frontiers of Power System protection, 2015.
- Technical Reviewer for major Power Systems journals, conferences and NSF panels.
- Senior Member of IEEE, 2007.
- William Kersting Endowed Chair in Power System Engineering from New Mexico State University in October 2014.
- Received Donald C. Roush Award for Excellence in Teaching from New Mexico State University in Spring 2016.
- Elected Member of the main committee of IEEE Power System Relaying and Control Committee (PSRCC), January 2016.
- Best Working Group of the Year Award from IEEE PSRCC for being member of the WG – Fault Contributions from Wind Plants, January 2016.
- Best Working Group of the Year Award from IEEE PSRCC for being member of the WG -Use of Time Synchronized Measurements in Protective Relaying Applications, 2015.