PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP AND SERVICE POSITIONS
- Senior Member, IEEE.
- Member IEEE PES – Power System Analysis Computation and Economics (PSACE) Committee; Past Chair, Distribution System Analysis Subcommittee.
- Chair IEEE PES – Power and Energy Education Committee; Past Chair, Lifelong Learning Subcommittee.
- Member of the Power System Relaying Committee (PSRC) and member of the following Working Groups PSRC:
- Working Group C6 – Relay Engineering in Power Engineering Curricula – IEEE Power System Relaying Committee (PSRC), “The Education and Training of Future Protection Engineers: Challenges, Opportunities, and Solutions”, IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, Vol. 24-2, pp. 538 – 544, April 2009.
- Performance of Relaying During Stressed Conditions – IEEE PSRC Report. Available online: http://www.pes-psrc.org/Reports/Performance_of_Relaying_During_Stressed_Conditions.pdf.
- Understanding Microprocessor-Based Technology Applied to Relaying – IEEE PSRC Report. Available online: http://www.pes-psrc.org/Reports/UNTAR-Ed2.pdf.
- Use of Time Synchronized Measurements in Protective Relaying Applications – IEEE PSRC Report. Available online: http://www.pes-psrc.org/Reports/Use of Synchrophasor Measurements in Protective Relaying Applications_final.pdf
- Revision of C37.99 – IEEE Guide for the protection of Shunt Capacitor Banks.
- Communications Technology for Protection Systems – IEEE PSRC Report. Available online: http://www.pes-psrc.org/Reports/IEEE PSRC Subcommittee H9 Understanding Comm Tech for Protection -20130113 D8F.pdf
- Fault Current Contribution from Wind Plants – IEEE PSRC/Machinery/T&D Committees Report. Available online: http://www.pes-psrc.org/Reports/Fault Current Contributions from Wind Plants.pdf
- Anomaly Checks for Relay Settings – IEEE PSRC Report. Available online: http://www.pes-psrc.org/Reports/WG_I18_report_final.pdf
- Working Group C2 – The Role of Protective Relaying in Smart Grid.
- Working Group D26 – Revision of C37.114 Fault Location Guide.
- Working Group D9 – Revision of IEEE C37.113 – Guide for Protective Relay Applications to Transmission Lines – IEEE Guide.
- Working Group J5 – Application of Out-of-Step Protection Schemes for Generators.
- Working Group K15 – Centralized Substation Protection and Control.
- Working C24 – Modification of Commercial Fault Calculation Programs for Wind Turbine Generators – I chair this WG.
- Working Group C25 – Protection of Wind Electric Plants.
- Chair of Technical Paper Sessions at IEEE PES General Meetings in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2013, 2015.
- Taught Power System Protection session at the Education Track of IEEE PES Transmission and Distribution Conference and Exposition – 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014.
- “Protection Issues in Power Distribution and Transmission Systems” at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay, India, on August 18, 2004.
- “Real Time Applications of Mathematical Morphology in Power System Protection” at Arizona State University, on November 16, 2012.
- Key Note Address at IEEE Power, Communication, and Information Technology (PCITC-2015) conference in Bhubaneswar, India on October 15, 2015.
- Co-Presented a 4-hour tutorial on Fault Contribution from Wind Plants at IEEE PES General meeting 2015, July 26, 2015.
- Editor, IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery.
- Guest Editor in Chief, EEE Transactions on Power Delivery, Special Issue on Frontiers of Power System protection, 2015.
- Reviewer for IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, IEEE Trans. Power Systems, IEEE Trans. Smart Grid, IEEE Trans. Energy Conversion, International Journal of Power and Energy Systems (IJPES), Electric Power System Research (EPSR), European Transactions on Power Systems, and IET Generation Transmission Distribution.
- Reviewer for National Science Foundation – peer review of grant proposals.