Welcome to the ECEGSO Homepage!
The Electrical and Computer Graduate Student Organization (ECEGSO) is an organization for all graduate students of Klipsch School of Electrical and Computer Engineering. Students who are admitted to Klipsch School of Electrical and Computer Engineering for Master’s and PhD are automatically a part of ECEGSO. The whole purpose of this organization is to collaborate between the graduate students and all other student body organizations (ASNMSU) on campus to make sure that all the graduate student needs are met.
The most important responsibilities we have are assisting graduate students in the process of obtaining funding from ASNMSU and providing information on the research that is going on in the department.
The current officers of ECEGSO are:
- President, Deepak Gala, email@example.com
- Vice President, Anand Dandavate, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary, Shubhasmita Pati, email@example.com
- Treasurer, Raksha Gala, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please feel free to contact any of them with any questions you might have about ECEGSO, including meeting times and how to get involved!
Obtaining Funding through ECEGSO
In order for graduate students to obtain funding from Associated Students of NMSU (ASNMSU) or the Graduate Student Council (GSC) , they must be part of an on-campus organization. We are that organization for ECE graduate students! If you would like to attend a conference, present research work, or present a poster at an event, and apply to get reimbursed from ASNMSU or GSC, please contact the current Vice President, Anand Dandavate (email@example.com). Please also note that these arrangements should be made about one month before the scheduled event and about one month before the end of the semester. You can read more about the processes on the ASNMSU webpage and the GSC webpage.
ECEGSO BEST T-shirt Design contest
3. Must include the academic year (i.e., “2018-2019”)
4. The final T-shirt will be a maximum of two colours
5. T-shirt fabric can be almost any colour so consider that in your design
6. Design front as well as the back of the t-shirt
7. Use the outline attached
- This competition is only limited to the students of the ECE department at NMSU.
- The results of the competition will be decided by the ECEGSO committee.
GSC First General Meeting
February 11th, 2019, Monday 10:30 am, At T&B Room 303
ECEGSO first general meeting was held on 11th February 2019. ECEGSO introduced the new committee members to the graduate students @NMSU. The Vice President of the ECEGSO gave a presentation on the responsibilities, proposed events for spring 2019 semester and academic funding opportunities through ECEGSO. The event was attended by graduate advisor to ECEGSO Dr. Tang, members of ASNMSU and other graduate students.
ECEGSO participated in the ASNMSU’s 13th annual “Keep State Great” event on September 29, 2018
Other useful links
- Graduate student research awards
- Meeting Minutes
- Link to ECEGSO ByLaws [PDF]
- NMSU Master’s Thesis LaTeX Template [ZIP]
- ECE Graduate Student Publication List (2017)